Integrating geographical mapping server

Hi all,
i was wondering if anyone has done an integration of a mapping server. Displaying location information (dynamical). I’m trying to track equipment and display the last reported location,
I would like to run my own server if possible, not using any third party app such as Google.
Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

It depends on exactly what you’re looking to do. There’s this: https://www.loraserver.io/lora-geo-server/overview/

There are a fair number of Google Maps alternatives for APIs.

My problem is that I have no or very costly internet connection, the sites are very remote. Ideal would be to have some Web GIS or similar which allows for dynamic layers. I have read up on QGIS and others but this all is a bit much for what I need and was wondering what other option there are and which expirience good or better people had. Thank you

1 Like

Perhaps this might be helpful?

For one project I’m using Grafana with a custom Leaflet JS based plugin to visualize data using a PostgreSQL data-source. It is quite easy (once you get used to it) to make your own Grafana plugins (it is all ReactJS based), e.g. to show a map with your assets (or how they have moved over the selected time interval).

If you have your local tile server (above comment), I think this could work really well :slight_smile: