How to upgrade to new versions of Lora Server and Lora App Server?

Hello Orne,

I am running LoRa Server version 0.19.2 and LoRa App Server version 0.10.1 on Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS. I have upgraded earlier to new versions of LoRa Server and LoRa App Server mostly with success. But I was wondering what is the suggested way to do the upgrade? In the documentation part of the project I can’t find instructions on how to do this. Could you suggest a proper way of doing the upgrade to new versions?

Regards,

1 Like

Please refer to the changelog of both components. When there are configuration changes / things that can’t be automatically updated, they are documented there :slight_smile:

And as you should do with any upgrade, make a backup first :wink:

Thanks for the fast answer.

How you upgrade to latest versions?

As far as I know, in linux you can use sudo apt-get dist-upgrade loraserver lora-app-server . But I am not a linux expert.

I have already checked that but it didnt work! :confused:

What happened? Do you have a log?

You are supposed to run sudo apt-get update before running upgrade.

As @orne has mentioned elswhere, the repo has only the latest version and you are trying to download an earlier version.

But have a look at https://forum.loraserver.io/t/release-lora-server-0-22-0-lora-app-server-0-14-x-read-carefully/350/30 as well.

This is the logs after sudo apt-get update command

Find the warning :wink:

@ktsakos Try running sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 1CE2AFD36DBCCA00 after sudo apt-get update . The run sudo apt-get dist-upgrade loraserver lora-app-server

@brocaar Sorry, I missed your comment…

Thank you so much for your valuable help!!!

I have two sensors which have a Cayenne formated payload.As you see in the picture the one sensor is decrypted correct with the humidity and temperature measures.
On the other hand i have a keyfob with 2 buttons which sends 3 different payloads.
01->If i push the left button
02->If i push the right button
03->If i push both buttons
Is there any bug with your code @brocaar for this cayenne datatype payload?