Get device-sessions for dev_addr error: object does not exist

Hi all,

I am total new to loraserver.

And yes, I already have searched this forum and google for hours, but none of the suggested solutions worked for me…

The LoRa-Server keeps getting me the following error, when executing “journalctl -f -n 100 -u loraserver”:
—start—
Mai 07 18:52:05 LoRa-Server loraserver[5766]: time=“2019-05-07T18:52:05+02:00” level=info msg=“gateway/mqtt: uplink frame received”
Mai 07 18:52:05 LoRa-Server loraserver[5766]: time=“2019-05-07T18:52:05+02:00” level=warning msg=“get device-sessions for dev_addr error: object does not exist” dev_addr=00151a2a dev_eui=0059ac0000151a2a
Mai 07 18:52:05 LoRa-Server loraserver[5766]: time=“2019-05-07T18:52:05+02:00” level=error msg=“processing uplink frame error” data_base64=“QCoaFQCAAAABHsyT7spz/FujTeKFKgM66ZdsWv0=” error=“get device-session error: device-session does not exist or invalid fcnt or mic”
—end—

This is the ourput from the packet-forwarder:
—start—
Packet RSSI: -50, RSSI: -88, SNR: 11, Length: 29
rxpk update: {“rxpk”:[{“tmst”:158033890,“chan”:0,“rfch”:0,“freq”:868.100000,“stat”:1,“modu”:“LORA”,“datr”:“SF12BW125”,“codr”:“4/5”,“lsnr”:11,“rssi”:-50,“size”:29,“data”:“QCoaFQCAAAABHsyT7spz/FujTeKFKgM66ZdsWv0=”}]}
—end—

This is seen via mosquitto:
—start—
gateway/b827ebffffac0041/rx {“rxInfo”:{“mac”:“b827ebffffac0041”,“timestamp”:158033890,“frequency”:868100000,“channel”:0,“rfChain”:0,“crcStatus”:1,“codeRate”:“4/5”,“rssi”:-50,“loRaSNR”:11,“size”:29,“dataRate”:{“modulation”:“LORA”,“spreadFactor”:12,“bandwidth”:125},“board”:0,“antenna”:0},“phyPayload”:“QCoaFQCAAAABHsyT7spz/FujTeKFKgM66ZdsWv0=”}
—end—

My Setup:

I followed all and every trouble-shooting I can find at loraserver.io. All seems to be all right, except above error message. Inside the Web-UI I can see the “UnconfirmedDataUp” - Frames (under Gateway).

I already double-, tripple- and quadrupel-checked DevEUI, LSB/MSB, upper-case/lower-case.
The device does exist with the correct DevEUI in my applocation and the App-Key for OTAA is correct.
I also disabled the fcnt for that device.

So I am totally clueless at the moment and any help is very much welcome…

Greets
Thomas

Is your device actually running in OTAA mode?

Did it have a join session with this instance of LoRa Server?

It sounds like it’s probably using either a compiled-in session (ie ABP) or using keys from some join session that the current instance of LoRa Server is not aware of.

Hi cstratton,

according to the vendor, the device should be in both OTAA and ABP.
At least I got needed Keys for both from the vendor. Sadly the device
cannot be configured by me. I will phone them today to confirm this.

How do I check for a join-session ?
As I said before, I am totally new to LoRa-WAN and LoRa-Server…

What confuses me is the fact, that I receive packets as “UnconfirmedDataUp”.
As far as I know it should be “DataUp” instead…

I assume the packet-flow (device -> radioTX -> radioRX -> packet-forwarder -> lora-gw-server -> lora-server -> lora-app-server) itself is working, since I can see the received frames in the web-ui.

Here is the JSON of one received frame:

[
{
“uplinkMetaData”: {
“rxInfo”: [
{
“gatewayId”: “b827ebffffac0041”,
“time”: null,
“timeSinceGpsEpoch”: null,
“timestamp”: 2696192608,
“rssi”: -49,
“loraSnr”: 12,
“channel”: 0,
“rfChain”: 0,
“board”: 0,
“antenna”: 0,
“location”: {
“latitude”: 51.17983,
“longitude”: 7.03231,
“altitude”: 182,
“source”: “UNKNOWN”,
“accuracy”: 0
},
“fineTimestampType”: “NONE”
}
],
“txInfo”: {
“frequency”: 868100000,
“modulation”: “LORA”,
“loRaModulationInfo”: {
“bandwidth”: 125,
“spreadingFactor”: 12,
“codeRate”: “4/5”,
“polarizationInversion”: false
}
}
},
“phyPayload”: {
“mhdr”: {
“mType”: “UnconfirmedDataUp”,
“major”: “LoRaWANR1”
},
“macPayload”: {
“fhdr”: {
“devAddr”: “00151a2a”,
“fCtrl”: {
“adr”: true,
“adrAckReq”: false,
“ack”: false,
“fPending”: false,
“classB”: false
},
“fCnt”: 42,
“fOpts”: null
},
“fPort”: 1,
“frmPayload”: [
{
“bytes”: “j5xu+zsIUydnBikZ78YsCQ==”
}
]
},
“mic”: “de8de21d”
}
}
]

Thomas

BTW: Is there any code-tag in this forum ?

I had a long phone-call with the guy selling me the devices.

Despite the fact he send me the OTAA-Keys for the device, it was configured for ABP by default.
Using ABP I can now see frames coming in. For the second device, it seems that OTAA does not work correctly using only 1 channel at 868.100 MHz. I configured that device to use ABP too. After that I can also see frames for that device.

Unfortunately both devices list the frames in “Live Lorawan frames” as “UnconfirmedDataUp” but in “Device Data” they are listed as “uplink”. So I guess all is ok now.

That leaves the task to forward the received data to an own PHP-Script decoding and processing it.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :slight_smile:

Greets
Thomas

[quote=“tniercke, post:4, topic:4492”]
Unfortunately both devices list the frames in “Live Lorawan frames” as “UnconfirmedDataUp”[/quote]

That would be the most typical situation. Confirmed data is much more taxing on the network, as a gateway can’t be receiving from other nodes while it is transmitting an ack in reply.

[quote]
That leaves the task to forward the received data to an own PHP-Script decoding and processing it.[/quote]

A simple way could be to subscribe to the application/ mqtt topic, you will also need to decode the base64 encoding of the data, but you should be able to readily find library solutions for both tasks.