Error when Upgrading TTN Lorawan Devices

Hi,
I’m attempting to upgrade the TTN library of devices to the latest version. I’m running ChirpStack v4.5 on Docker. I pulled the latest version and executed make import-lorawan-devices, but encountered the following error;

Reading codec function code path="/opt/lorawan-devices/vendor/n-fuse/sta.js"
thread 'main' panicked at chirpstack/src/main.rs:120:18:
called `Result::unwrap()` on an `Err` value: Unexpected region: AS923-2
note: run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace
make: *** [Makefile:4: import-lorawan-devices] Error 101

Has anyone encountered a similar issue, I am not familiar with Rust so I didn’t try yet to trace back the error, Is there another way to upgrade the TTN library in Docker?

To clarify; the import works when using the version from GitHub - brocaar/lorawan-devices: Device Repository for LoRaWAN devices, which is from 2y ago.
The upgrade doesn’t work when using the latest version of the repository from: GitHub - TheThingsNetwork/lorawan-devices: Device Repository for LoRaWAN devices.

Probably because it’s illegal now:

That’s a shame, I contributed my decoders to TTN as they were not available yet in the library…
So it’s not legal anymore to import the library after the version from 2022?

To my knowledge: no. You are no longer allowed to import the entire repository. But if you’re looking for a single device codec, a little copy paste never hurt anyone :wink:

1 Like

Yea, TTN basically sucks all the hard work out of their community and then claims the work as their own making legal threats to anyone who tries to use community code… what a nice company /sic

yeh i think they missed many contributed to it because it was more so for lorawan community in general rather then just them…

in saying that it was still working on my test lab until the last pull i did which shows the same error. so maybe there is just an error in their repo as its supposed to be to a standard.