Device status is not availabe

Hello

While connecting loraserver and lora-app-server on diiferent instances or machines I am able to see device frame logs, device is sending uplink and receiving downlink from server but I am not able to see device last seen on lora-app-server
I am attaching files, please help me.

Thanks
Kinjal Chhaparwal
Database Developer

1 Like

This began to happen when we added SSL certificates in the configuration file of lora-app-server and loraserver both.

Also, i found that the last_seen column of the device table in loraserver_as database is empty!!!

Can Anybody explain why?

Thanks in advance always! :slight_smile:

1 Like

In both cases, please check the loraserver and lora-app-server log output. It is very likely that you will see errors that for example LoRa Server can’t reach LoRa App Server (e.g. because of mis-configuration / invalid certificates).

In lora-app-server I found this error:

Feb 15 04:27:56 ip-172-0-10-10 loraserver[905]: time=“2019-02-15T04:27:56Z” level=error msg=“finished client unary call” error=“rpc error: code = Unimplemented desc = unknown service as.ApplicationServerService” grpc.code=Unimplemented grpc.method=HandleUplinkData grpc.service=as.ApplicationServerService grpc.time_ms=0.208 span.kind=client system=grpc

&

Feb 15 05:04:29 ip-172-0-10-10 loraserver[2965]: time=“2019-02-15T05:04:29Z” level=warning msg=“grpc: addrConn.createTransport failed to connect to {0.0.0.0:8000 0 }. Err :connection error: desc = “transport: Error while dialing dial tcp 0.0.0.0:8000: connect: connection refused”. Reconnecting…”

How to overcome this problem?

Please look at your configuration again. You have made some changes that are not correct. E.g. 0.0.0.0:8080 is not an IP:PORT to which you can connect, only an INTERFACE:PORT to which you can bind.

I recommend you revert to the original configuration and then make modifications step by step.

2 Likes

Thanks you orne, its done!
Reverted back to the original configurations and then set the parameters again.