Compiling lora app server from source code

Hello,

First of all thank you @brocaar for your effort to deliver a really good loraserver project.

I am trying to compile manually lora app server.
First of all, I followed the documentation on loraserver.io and I did the following :

• Install Go
  • Install protocolbuf
  • install npm and nodejs. Here is the output of the version command for each module :
    node --version
    v8.10.0
    npm --version

Then I cloned lora-app-server github project and did make dev-requirements ui-requirements.
For dev-requirements, everything is fine.
for ui-requirements, I have the following issue :

npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Xmailto:fsevents@1.2.4 (node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.4: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“linux”,“arch”:“x64”})
npm WARN optional SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: fsevents@1.2.7 (node_modules/chokidar/node_modules/fsevents):
npm WARN notsup SKIPPING OPTIONAL DEPENDENCY: Unsupported platform for fsevents@1.2.7: wanted {“os”:“darwin”,“arch”:“any”} (current: {“os”:“linux”,“arch”:“x64”})
added 1954 packages from 1679 contributors and audited 36656 packages in 30.82s
found 87 vulnerabilities (63 low, 9 moderate, 15 high)
run npm audit fix to fix them, or npm audit for details

After that, if i do make build, the executable will be generated. If I try to launch it, it work but if I try to access the web interface, I can see only vendor and swagger on the web page. The same result of this issue : https://forum.loraserver.io/t/compiling-the-lora-app-server-source-code/643/11

I think that this is related to the error that I got when I did make ui-requirements.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

I suggest to use the topic you mentioned, no need to create new topics for the same issue. In general I recommend you to use the provided Docker Compose environment for building binaries, then you are using the same environment as I’m using for releases.