1 x Loraserver and Many Lora-app-server?

Hello,
I have a (perhaps) stupid question but I can’t find any answer after reading the docs or the forum.

I understand that one Lora-app-server can connect to several Lora-server.

But it seems that it is not possible to have several lora-app-server connecting to one lora-server instance. Am I correct ?

If I want to have separate instances of “Lora-app-server” running (and in my case it could be very useful), I have to create 2 separate “Lora-server” instances ? Am I correct ?

Thanks in advance,

LDioc

1 Like

Do you mean running two (or more) LoRa App Server instances to make your deployment more scalable / highly available? Or do you want LoRa Server to forward part of the devices to LoRa App Server 1 and the other part of the devices to LoRa App Server 2?

Dear Mr. Brocaar,
First of all, thanks for your fantastic work and your continuous improvements of your software !

As you guessed, I want my LoRa Server to forward part of the devices to LoRa App Server 1 and the other part of the devices to LoRa App Server 2.

Is it possible with one instance of LoRa Server or do I have to create a second instance of LoRa Server to serve exclusively the LoRa App Server 2 ?

Sincerely yours,

LDioc

I have not tested this, but try the following:

• Setup two LoRa App Server instances each connecting to their own database (e.g. loraserver_as_1 and loraserver_as_2
  • Update the lora-app-server.toml configuration so that the id under application_server is a different UUID than in the lora-app-server.toml of your first instance.
  • Potentially update other configuration in the lora-app-server.toml files (e.g. public_host), etc…