Serial port packet forwarder

Hi, I’m new to LoRaServer.

I have set up the LoRa gateway bridge, LoRaServer and LoRa app server. The next step is to setup a host as a gateway with packet forwarder.

My question is:
What I have to do when I setup a packet forwarder that uses serial port other than SPI?

My configuration:
-A virtual machine running LoRa gateway bridge, LoRaServer and LoRa app server on Ubuntu.
-A concentrator that receives LoRa signal with an output RS232 to USB cable(UART).
-A raspberry pi zero connected with the concentrator.

The concentrator I use is E32-DTU.

Thank you for your patience.

That is not a LoRaWAN concentrator of any sort, it is is a point-to-point serial-over-LoRa link, albeit in an armored “industrial” package probably resulting in a hefty price.

Alas it is simply not suitable for LoRaWAN use at all, and especially not in the gateway role.

Apart from the firmware being entirely wrong for this usage, most likely it is based around a $5 node class radio chip, while a LoRaWAN concentrator uses an SX1308, SX1301 or SX1302 multi-channel multi-spreading factor chip which is far more expensive.

1 Like

Thank you for answering.

So, what I understand is
SPI - LoRaWAN concentrator
UART - serial-over-LoRa link

But it’s just a different communication mode, what make the differences between them? And when serial-over-LoRa link will be used?

SPI - LoRaWAN concentrator
UART - serial-over-LoRa link

Those are not the important distinctions.

But it’s just a different communication mode, what make the differences between them?

Again, what matters is the internal capability of the radio device, which is almost completely different between that device and a LoRaWAN concentrator

And when serial-over-LoRa link will be used?

Ask the manufacturer. It has nothing to do with LoRaWAN or LoRaServer. Perhaps you can return it if it is not what you meant to buy (it likely is not usable for anything unless you bought two)