[release] LoRa App Server v3.4.0

LoRa App Server v3.4.0

Features

IDs for correlation

This release implements per context unique IDs that are printed in the logs and are returned as header in API responses. This makes it easier to correlate log events.

Organization admin permissions

Next to the organization admin permission, this release makes it possible to also (instead of full organization admin permissions), make an user “device admin” or “gateway admin”.

Migrate gateway stats

This release migrates the gateway stats from LoRa Server into LoRa App Server. This also adds new configuration options to the configuration file, to configure the timezone for aggregation and metrics retention.

Gateway map

In the gateway list page, it is now possible to show a map showing all the gateways and their states.

Improvements

• Add PostgreSQL max open / idle connections settings. (#360
  • Cleanup old freegeoip.net code for gateway location.

Bugfixes

• Fix gateway last-seen in web-interface.

Upgrading

This release requires LoRa Server v3.3.0 or later (which will forward the gateway stats to the Application Server API). After upgrading LoRa App Server and restarting it, it will run a migration to import existing stats from the LoRa Server database. Therefore make sure LoRa Server is up and running during the upgrade of LoRa App Server.

2 Likes

Gateway Map page not showing properly when gateway list is empty

Thanks

Thanks for reporting, let me look into this!

I had the same problem, and after clearing the firefox cache, problem was fixed.

Regards

I have same problem, even after clearing firefox & chrome cache.

Thanks

I have pushed a fix which will be included in the next release:

1 Like

If you’re running the LoRa Server Docker version, what has to be done to get it to upgrade to the latest version? Kinda new at this Docker stuff…

docker-compose pull after you down the stack, then start it back up.

1 Like

Awesome, that did it. Thanks!

Thanks Bocaar,

Looking forward to test the Gateway map feature. I am little bit away from the current versions and when I try to update it says that I am on the newest version (Debian). I have seen that there are dependencies between bridge, server and app server, but is there also any repositories I need to update manually? Many thanks

> root@vps590769:~# apt-get install lora-gateway-bridge
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> **lora-gateway-bridge is already the newest version (2.7.1).**
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> root@vps590769:~# apt-get install lora-app-server
> **lora-app-server is already the newest version (2.6.1).**
> root@vps590769:~# apt-get install loraserver
> **loraserver is already the newest version (2.8.1).**

This did the trick, as described in the article, Debian / Ubuntu - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server

> sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 1CE2AFD36DBCCA00
> sudo echo "deb https://artifacts.loraserver.io/packages/3.x/deb stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/loraserver.list
> sudo apt-get update

After applying repository update, I was able to upgrade all nodes to the latest version (bridge, server, app-server).

Now app server frontend is not working, but I believe it is due to some config adjustments required :slight_smile: