[release] LoRa App Server 0.16.1 and LoRa Server 0.23.2

Both LoRa App Server and LoRa Server have been updated. Besides a couple of bugfixes and improvements in LoRa App Server, this update of both components enables you to use client certificate authentication to secure the API endpoints. For more information about this topic, see: https://forum.loraserver.io/t/securing-your-apis-using-client-certificates/652.

Changelogs

LoRa App Server 0.16.1

Features:

• Implement client certificate validation for incoming application-server API connections.
  • Implement client certificate validation for incoming join-server API connections.
  • Implement client certificate for API connections to LoRa Server.

This removes the following CLI options:

• --ns-ca-cert
  • --ns-tls-cert
  • --ns-tls-key

See for more information:

Improvements:

• Optional note field (users) has been changed to textarea.
  • Description field of the gateway has been changed to textarea.

Bugfixes:

• Fix device-profile permissions in UI for organization admins.
  • Fix device-profile list per applicationID showing all device-profile names
    and IDs on the same network-server as the service-profile associated with the
    given application.

LoRa Server 0.23.2

Features:

• Implement client certificate validation for incoming API connections.
  • Implement client certificate for API connections to LoRa App Server.

This removes the following CLI options:

• --as-ca-cert
  • --as-tls-cert
  • --as-tls-key

See for more information:

3 Likes

Good Release, however I have the trouble that now in both (loraserver and lora-app-server) appears the following:
Error missing destination name ca_cert in *[]storage.NetworkServer (code: 2)

I don’t know if this issue is related to this new actualization.

Can you tell me what can I do to fix it, please?

Did you enable the --db-automigrate / DB_AUTOMIGRATE=True flag? https://docs.loraserver.io/lora-app-server/install/config/

Yes, in both lora-app-server and loraserver. But I find my configuration error: for some reason the loraserver/lora-app-server don’t actualize in my docker image cache and generate conflicts with the newer loraserver/loraserver docker image. I simply force a docker pull loraserver/lora-app-server:latest and It applied the respective migrations correctly.

Thanks for you support!

1 Like