Receiving (decrypted) device data / FRMPayload

Hello all,

My payload is still encrypted when I see it in LIVE DEVICE DATA.

I am using a raspberry running single_pck_forwared as gateway and an arduino as node. I’m sending the packet received from arduino to both the TTN and to my local chirpstack-server. Both servers are receiving the packet correctly

The packet in TTN aplication, is decrypted and for that I can decode the bytes correctly. The same packet is received in my local server, and is accepted, however the packet is still encripted. I know because I’m always sending the same value (temp=25) but the payload is always different (I assume the Fcnt is different)

NOTE: I say decryption not decode. I’m using the same decode functions in both servers

For example:
I checked the raw lora data frame in https://lorawan-packet-decoder-0ta6puiniaut.runkit.sh/ with my keys and they are working. The packet is correct and the script can decrypt it with the keys

However this is the live data frame in TTN

And this is the same live data frame in my local chirp-server.
local-live-device-data

Why is the data shown not decrypted?
What are the settings reqiured in my local server to force decryption in live data? I already set the marshaler=“json” in chirpstack-gateway-bridge.toml but data is still encrypted. I also create an integration to influx and the data is stored but encrypted.

1 Like

So I’m replying to myself, I had one digit wrong in the nwkskey. Now both servers are working fine and decoding.

2 Likes

@brocaar Live event logs, where may i find them? Please let me know as I cannot see them on the Chirpstack web interface.

all of the links are locked