Receiving an unknown DevAddr in gateway LoRaWAN log

Hallo all

I have the following “problem” on my Loraserver environment.

In the Gateway-LiveFrame i can see the following ConfirmedDataUp:

This Node sends data every 5 Second. But i dont know this Node. So i try to find out, what node it is.

In my opinion - as it is ConfirmedDataUp, it has to be registered on the LoraServer, right?

But:

• i can’t find this devAddr in the LoraServer Database on the tabel “device_activation”
  • i can’t find this devAddr in acctivated devices in the LoraAppServer (checked via API)
  • i can’t find this devAddr in the redis database by checking the keys lora:ns:devaddr:0015*

Does anyone has a idea where to find more informations about this devAddr? Or do i have any mistake in my thougts that “ConfirmedDataUp” means the device is registered?

Thanks and regards,
S

Negative. ConfirmedDataUp just means that it is a confirmed data message, which must be confirmed by the associated network server (see the spec). It does not mean it is registered with your server.

Also, that device is not acting like a very good citizen.

As far as I know, the type of message (in this case, ConfirmedDataUp) is in the header of the message, and so does the DevAddr. So i believe you can receive this logs from an unregistered device, but it will not be posted in the mqtt topic (you should get your messages from the mqtt, as the AppServer frame log is meant to be used as a debug tool)

Thx @bconway and @Rafael_Albarello

@Rafael_Albarello: one more question to your answer:

what do you mean exactly by this? it will not be posted in the outgoing mqtt? so the one you think about is the outgoing application topic?

thanks and regards,
S

It will not be posted in the device rx topic of you application. Eg:“application/+/device/+/rx”

2 Likes