Problem in recieving data from packet-forwarder in lora-gateway

Hello again.
I have installed packet-forwarder in gateway with this commands:

rm -rf /opt/semtech
mkdir -p /opt/semtech
cd /opt/semtech && git clone -v GitHub - Lora-net/lora_gateway: Driver/HAL to build a gateway using a concentrator board based on Semtech SX1301 multi-channel modem and SX1257/SX1255 RF transceivers.
cd /opt/semtech && git clone -v GitHub - Lora-net/packet_forwarder: A LoRa packet forwarder is a program running on the host of a LoRa gateway that forwards RF packets receive by the concentrator to a server through a IP/UDP link, and emits RF packets that are sent by the server.
cd /opt/semtech/lora_gateway && make all
cd /opt/semtech/packet_forwarder && make all
cd /lora_pkt_fwd
./lora_pkt_fwd

After that I changed local_conf.json in /opt/semtech/packet_forwarder/lora_pkt_fwd,like this:

"gateway_conf": {
    "gateway_ID": "FFFE",
    "server_address": "localhost",
    "serv_port_up": 1700,
    "serv_port_down": 1700
}

and run ./update_gwid.sh local_conf.json and then I take this message:

Gateway_ID set to 000c29FFFEd2f662 in file local_conf.json

Of course I have two ubuntu that one of them is for gateway (packet forwarder or even lora gateway) and works like rpi and the other is for loraserver and lora app server or even lora gateway.This two ubuntu are installed on vmware.

But my issue is that when i use:
sudo tcpdump -AUq port 1700 or sudo tcpdump -AUq -i lo port 1700
I get this message:

tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol decode
listening on lo, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes

and then nothing.

Of course my lora-gateway show this message when use: journalctl -f -n 100 -u lora-gateway-bridge

un 07 10:20:47 ubuntu lora-gateway-bridge[1499]: time=“2018-06-07T10:20:47-07:00” level=info msg=“backend: connecting to mqtt broker” server=“tcp://127.0.0.1:1883”
Jun 07 10:20:47 ubuntu lora-gateway-bridge[1499]: time=“2018-06-07T10:20:47-07:00” level=info msg=“gateway: starting gateway udp listener” addr=“0.0.0.0:1700”
Jun 07 10:20:47 ubuntu lora-gateway-bridge[1499]: time=“2018-06-07T10:20:47-07:00” level=info msg=“backend: connected to mqtt broker”

If my problem is not clear,tell me to describe more.
Thanks everybody that help me in this work.

Hi.

“My gateway is installed on ubuntu 16.04 that is on vmware .(that is not on raspberry).”:

I assume you run the packet forwarder in the virtual machine ? You have to run it on the actual gateway because that piece of software is communicating with the lora concentrator hardware, usually over spi or uart interface (less commonly usb).

You would then change the ip in the packet forwarder configuration file to point to the virtual machine where the gateway bridge is running.

But you can also use the test utilities in the vm: https://github.com/Lora-net/packet_forwarder/tree/master/util_tx_test
without having a working gateway.

Hi.
Of course I have two ubuntu that one of them is for gateway (packet forwarder or even lora gateway) and works like rpi and the other is for loraserver and lora app server or even lora gateway.This two ubuntu are installed on vmware.
l don’t actually have rpi or other actual mote But l can emulate rpi in vmware.
Yes,l installed packet forwarder on ubuntu on vmware But l want to make fake sensor data and sent fake data by packet forwarder to lora gateway.l think by this work l don’t need to rpi mote.
My ploblem is making fake date that want to send to lora gateway.How can I do that?Then debag it?
Tnx.

Okay, no problem> As I mentioned, there are programs for testing:

and

They are bundles with the Semtech packet forwarder implementation that you installed.
The lora_pkt_fwd program will not be useful in your case unless you run it on physical gateway hardware and using a real lora-enabled end device.

Thanks urbie_mk2,
If you describe how I install and use (https://github.com/Lora-net/packet_forwarder/tree/master/util_tx_test), for example linux command for installing or debugging,I will be grateful.

Can anyone help me in this case?

try
util_tx_test -H -f 868 -r 1257 for a start.
util_tx_test --help lists all parameters.

Thanks again.
But when i use util_tx_test -H -f 868 -r 1257 or util_tx_test --help, I get util_tx_test: command not found and when I use cd /opt/semtech/packet_forwarder/util_tx_test && ./util_tx_test,
I get

INFO: 1 LoRa pkts @866.000000 MHz (BW 125 kHz, SF10, 9B payload) 14 dBm, 1000 ms between each
INFO: waiting to receive a PULL_DATA request on port 1680.

Why first command didn’t work?

It didnt work because the binary istnt located in a directory listed in the PATH environment variable, so that you have to call it with its path on execution.

See

I am new in linux.
Can you describe by linux command step by step?
Lora-gate-way should react to use of ./util_tx_test, isn’t it?

I aslo when use nc -u 192.168.1.106 1700 for testing I get "level=error msg=“gateway: could not handle packet: gateway: invalid protocol version” message from lora-gateway-bridge.

What I want is a fickle data, for example, a temperature of 10 degrees that is shown in the log of ui.
thanks.