Moving devices do a different application

Hey! Using: v2.4.1 app server (of course latest lora server)

Why can’t change applicationID over API? There is no errors and only applicationID does not change!

I found that even can’t change it in web-interface :confused:

Rauno

This is not supported as an application is linked to a service-profile which is linked to a network-server. A different application might be linked to a different service-profile linked to a different network-server.

How I can then change application from device and that time sessions not ends ? Or is possible to make change in code, that I can change applicationID when service-profile network-server is same!

use case: I have devicies on my profile (application) and I make tests over MQTT… If devices works then I want to move device to client application in same network-server. That he/she will get data over MQTT with right appID.

You could always overwrite the application id in the device table.

Ok, thnx! I’m going this way then. Not good solution but better then delete and create again :smiley:

@brocaar, can you pleas explain how to " overwrite the application id in the device table".

Think I got it. The first question was if it is possible to change the ID of application and the answer was no. The suggestion was that instead of changing the ID of the application it is possible to move the devices from one application to another application with another ID. Did I understand it correctly?

From what I can see in the webinterface I am not able through webinterface to move a device between applications, but from what I uderstand (above) it is possible to do it through API. Right?

You can do that directly from PostgreSQL cli

Prefer to use restAPI

I suppose, no way to use it.

Understand, meaning of overwriting in device table is to change the ID in SQL db rather than through API. Correct?

Yes, you are correctly understand, what I mean :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Please see the following note in the API:

@brocaar thanks, so as long as you have as single service-profile you can move devices freely between applications?