Missing packets

Hello everybody. I have an issue of missing packets wnd I would like your help figuring out what is wrong. There is a multitech gateway installed in the field (configured as a packet forwarder) with two adeunis pulse sensors. The gateway bridge is installed on the server. I am missing a lot of packets from one of the two sensors though. I have attached a screenshot which shows “sudo tcpdump -AUq port 1700 -vv” and “journalctl -f -n 100 -u lora-gateway-bridge”

I can see the packet arriving but nothing happens after that. Sometimes the packets from that sensor go through, other times not. Any ideas why?
Thank you all.

A received packet by the gateway doesn’t mean that it will also be processed by the Network Server. E.g. the MIC (message integrity code) or frame-counter could be invalid, in which case a frame will be dropped by the NS.

@Panos I have been facing the same issue with one of my sensor node. I am just monitoring if the packet forwarder is sending data to gateway bridge using

sudo tcpdump -AUq port 1700

Can you help me out with this?

@anudeep_k hello. I am sorry but I didn’t find a solution to that issue. The sensor that was missing packets was supposed to send 24 stored measurements (one every hour) once a day. From what I saw, it divided the measurements in 4 packets. However I almost never got all four packets. I never figured out why. Again, I am sorry I can’t help you.

@Panos Sure thank you…It is weird actually…Because when using the nodeRED am able to see all the packets…whereas when changed it to packet forwarder some how the packets are getting lost. Not sure if it the packet forwarder issue…Is there a way to check the packet forwarder logs in multitech AEP conduit…?