Mips 32r2 binary of the Lora-Gateway-Bridge

Hello,

I am currently trying to compile the Lora-Gateway-Bridge for a MIPS32r2 architecture. I try to build the cross-compiler toolchain for MIPS with vagrant and buildroot. I will need a little longer to try doing that, but I wanted to know if maybe someone has already done that?
The Dragino LG01-P Gateway is based on the MIPSr2. It is only a single channel gateway, but I already have it here so why not adding it to the network as well.

Best regard,

LuWi

Did you have any luck corss compiling for the LG01? Can you please reference the docuementation you used to do so? Thanks!

You are probably taking the complex approach :wink: Please note that the Go compiler toolchain already supports cross-compiling (no need to cross-compile the Go toolchain). Just modify this file:

Then run make build-snapshot

See also for a complete list of options: https://golang.org/doc/install/source#environment.

Hello,

So far I was not successful with the first approach yet. But you suggestion seems a lot earsier. I will try your method, and if it works, I can build an ipk from it. This way you will be able to provide it as an additonal pre-compiled binary if you want.

Best regards,

LuWi

Hello,

by the way, this thread on the same topic on github was very usefull:

Best regards

LuWi

And here is the result:

Just have to try running it on the gateway next. Now I only have to pass the config via the -c option. Is the binary by default checking /etc/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge.toml?

Best regards

LuWi

Please see the configuration documentation :slight_smile:

Hi,

it works like a charm:

I used:

./lora-gateway-bridge -c lora-gateway-bridge.toml

The issue with Dragino is now that it only has enough memory in its /tmp which is deleted on every reboot.

@brocaar: Do you want me to provide a pre-compiled binary? Is there even any interest in a *.ipk file as a pre-compile package?

Best regards,

LuWi

Yes, please share a precompiled package in this topic :slight_smile:

@brocaar

I want to provide a nice *.ipk but I will first have time for that after the 10th of June. I have very busy schedule right now, but I would be happy to help were I can. I would also write a setup description for your doc section of the gateways.

Best regards,

LuWi

Hello LuWi, hello Mr. Brocaar,
I’ve been following this thread with great hope :smile: because I would really need an *.ipk for OpenWRT. Is there any news about this package availability ?
Cheers !
Luc

Hi @lucdioc and @brocaar,

I will have more time now and will provide a package as soon as possible. Just finished a huge project, which was eating all my time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best regards,

LuWi

Hi @LuWi,
Thanks a lot, waiting for it !
Cheers and a have great week,
Luc

Hello LuWi,
Did you had time to make this package as you planned ?
Thanks and cheers,
Luc