Lorawan/band: unknown channel for frequency


#21

Hi redpotatoes

made some progress…
Start LoRaWAN Single Channel Gateway
RX Frequency: 902.30
TX Frequency: 923.00
Spread Factor: SF7
connected!
TX Spread Factor: SF7
Coding Rate: 4/5
Bandwidth: 125000
PreambleLength: 8
connected!

but still having some issue, can you complete some testing on your side with these changes:
you have to apply these changes to the Single_pkt_fwd_v003.ino sketch like this:

Modification to single_pkt_fwd_v003

//Read frequency from uci ####################
int j = 0;
memset(tmp, 0, sizeof(tmp));
p.begin("uci");
p.addParameter("get");
p.addParameter("lorawan.radio.rx_frequency");
p.run();    // Run the process and wait for its termination
while (p.available() > 0 && j < 9) {
    tmp[j] = p.read();
    j++;
}
freq = atof(tmp);
freq = freq/1000000;   //add this line into single_pkt_fwd

//Read txfre from uci ####################
j = 0;
memset(tmp, 0, sizeof(tmp));
p.begin("uci");
p.addParameter("get");
p.addParameter("lorawan.radio.tx_frequency");
p.run();    // Run the process and wait for its termination
while (p.available() > 0 && j < 10) {
    tmp[j] = p.read();
    j++;
}
txfreq = atof(tmp);
txfreq = txfreq/1000000;  //add this line into single_pkt_fwd

let me know what’s the result on your side…


#22

Testing right now with the changes…


#23

Did the changes on the LG01, so far I dont see anything from my nodes…


#24

Hi Brocaar,

That’s just to give you a heads-up on that LG01 hz frequency vs Mhz.

I completed some testing with the modification I did to the lg01_pkt_fwd and LG01 is now working in UPLINK and DOWNLINK mode with the server.

I’m also in contact with Edwin from Dragino and will try push to include this mods to the LG01_pkt_fwd …

Will see what we can do to close this isssue.

Thx.


#25

ric2498, can you please explain how did you get this issure resolved on the LG01? the modifications to the Single_pkt_fwd_v003.ino sketch you provided does not work.


#26

Hi,

This is what I did to update the lg01_pkg_fwd (package), and by the way my first test with the lg01_pkt_fwd.ino sketch for arduino to fix the problem, was not the solution to this problem, as it is mentionned above.

  1. I took the decision to follow the instruction provided by Dragino to build an updated firware containing the lg01_pkt_fwd (package) running into linux in the LG01.

  2. By this link (https://github.com/dragino/openwrt-cc-15.05) you can get all the instructions to create the environment, which I followed to create a virtual machine running Ubuntu LTS 16.04 and then cloning the openwrt-cc-15.05 github source code with the command: git clone https://github.com/dragino/openwrt-cc-15.05.git openwrt-cc-15.05

  3. cd openwrt-cc-15.05

  4. run this shell script ./set_up_build_environment.sh (this command will clone the source code of Dragino including lg01_pkt_fwd package)

  5. the source code is now residing into /openwrt-cc-15.05/openwrt/feeds/dragino/lg01_pkt_fwd/src/main.c; which I modified to change the frequency in Mhz before to build the firmware by the next step.

  6. Some manipulation of the .config.IoT file must be done before to execute the next step, if you need it I can provide more details.

7 ./build_image.sh -a IoT

Voila…

you can use this link to see the lg01_pkt_fwd source code that must be modified:

Also as I said I’m trying to push this update to Edwin from Dragino to include this mod into a new firmware… but I can’t guarantee it…


#27

Hey - thanks for the note. I was suspecting the way to fix this was editing the lg01-pkt-fwd souce and recompiling, your note confirmed it.
Thanks for the source code I’m going to re-build the utility right away!