Loraserver integration with thingsboard

good to all but could you help me how can I integrate loraserver with thingsboard and install things board but when I add the integration I get that I have to put http: // port: 9090

but when I install it slae me that it works in the port 8080 or how could that integration be done if they could help me I would be very grateful

Did you ever make sense of this? I read through the install guide as well. It does point to port 8080 which will conflict with the LoRaServer.

If you use the docker (which is beyond the scope of my experience) it apparently solves that. I wonder if this is a simple edit of a conf file.

Cheers,

So I followed the install guide and went through all the steps.

I did find that you can edit the port (linux):

/usr/share/thingsboard/conf/thingboard.yml

I switched the bind port to 9090

However, I can’t seem to get the service to start. Here is my output:

2019-08-10 11:27:27,010 [main] ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:27:28,109 [main] ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:27:29,113 [main] ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:27:30,119 [main] ERROR o.t.s.s.c.AnnotationComponentDiscoveryService - Can't initialize component org.thingsboard.rule.engine.geo.TbGpsGeofencingActionNode, due to could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:27:30,176 [main] ERROR o.s.boot.SpringApplication - Application run failed
Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:29:26,023 [main] ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:29:27,129 [main] ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:29:28,133 [main] ERROR o.h.e.jdbc.spi.SqlExceptionHelper - ERROR: relation "component_descriptor" does not exist
2019-08-10 11:29:29,139 [main] ERROR o.t.s.s.c.AnnotationComponentDiscoveryService - Can't initialize component org.thingsboard.rule.engine.geo.TbGpsGeofencingActionNode, due to could not extract ResultSet; SQL [n/a]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not extract ResultSet
2019-08-10 11:29:29,188 [main] ERROR o.s.boot.SpringApplication - Application run failed
2019-08-10 11:33:04,409 [main] ERROR o.s.boot.SpringApplication - Application run failed
2019-08-10 11:47:42,968 [main] ERROR o.s.boot.SpringApplication - Application run failed

Maybe someone knows where I’ve failed.

Cheers,

I figured it out:

I had to fix the conflict with the MQTT port 1883. So I changed the port to 1884 on the ThingsBoard side on the config.

Cheers,

For reference, I have been using https://hub.docker.com/r/thingsboard/tb-postgres/, which by default exposes the Thingsboard API on port 9090.

good night @ coach
I have running lora server in a virtual machine and everything is going well but when I change the port when installing thingsboard does not load the host page: 9090
also change the mqtt port of the configuration file on thingsboard does not work either

I don’t know if you can do it, could you tell me that I am doing wrong please thank you …

I am by no means an expert on this. I did the same thing you did pretty much. I changed the yml file and the mqtt setting and it is working. But I am so lost beyond this. I think that you are ultimately supposed to make the mqtt for loraserver and thingsboard talk to each other.

The documentation is lacking on a huge level. Maybe @brocaar can shine light on this.

Cheers,

Coach

No, this is not needed. When you add the ThingsBoard integration to your application, you configure the ThingsBoard API endpoint to which LoRa App Server will post data.

1 Like

This is exactly what is making my head spin… I read through the docs on both bits of software, couldn’t locate this information. I apologize.

Cheers,

Coach

Did you see: https://www.loraserver.io/guides/thingsboard/#setup-lora-app-server-thingsboard-integration ?

Hi everyone,
I too tried to install thingsboard community edition on an AWS server where I installed lora-app-server. I modified port 8080 to 9090 to avoid conflicts with lora-app-server and I modified port 1883 ==> 1884 for mqtt. Despite these changes thingsboard does not start and gives me the error:
…
2019-08-19 13: 35: 49,527 [Akka-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-3] INFO akka.event.slf4j.Slf4jLogger - Slf4jLogger started
2019-08-19 13: 35: 49,588 [main] INFO o.t.s.s.c.rpc.ClusterGrpcService - Initializing RPC service!
2019-08-19 13: 35: 50.030 [main] INFO o.t.s.s.c.rpc.ClusterGrpcService - Going to start RPC server using port: 9001
2019-08-19 13: 35: 50,229 [main] ERROR o.t.s.s.c.rpc.ClusterGrpcService - Failed to start RPC server!

For issues with setting up Thingsboard itself you might be better of using one of their community resources: https://thingsboard.io/community/ :slight_smile:

1 Like

SOLVED: the 9001 port was occupied by another service. I modified the port of RPC server on the configuration file.

1 Like

good morning @Silvano_Pisoni

I am trying to communicate loraserver with thingsboard but I have not achieved it I have modified the configuration file in thinsboard since it occupies the same port as loraserver and change by 9090 but there is no result if it could help me where I change the port or could advise me This is my email jgustavo_lema@hotmail.com

please I need your help since it is to present a project and I can’t communicate them I use ubuntu 18:04

I have the same problem with integration.
I installed loraserver on raspberry pi(192.168.1.31:8080) and thingsBoard on the Ubuntu VM(192.168.1.13:8080) I can ping each devices from eachother.
They both are running succesfully but I cant integrate them,
-> “ThingsBoardAccessToken” added to variables but integration is not working, When ı click “Create Integration” no warning or error is displayed.
-> on ThingsBoard side “/usr/share/thingsboard/conf/thingboard.yml” I changed port “9090” and Mqtt port “1884” thingsboard still up and running with these changes but integration still not working.

What can be the cause, where can I find the logs ?

I found my problem, that is a silly problem related with Chrome. I tried make integration on a Hidden Page on Chrome and it worked. I think LoraServer UI can have a bug related cache.

good afternoon @Volkan_Bulbul
Could you explain to me how did you do it? I have tried but I can’t get it. Could you tell me how you did that part of integrating into a hidden page in Chrome? Please, I need to present a project.

greetings to all …

Make sure you have using loraServer 3.3
First, on integration page (Application/yourAppName/Integration) click on create button you will see the ThingsBoard.io choose it and set ip address of your ThingsBoard Server ip with port (mine is http://192.168.1.13:9090).
Second, on Applications/YourAppName/Devices/YourDeviceName there is Configuration tab, under it there is also Variables tab. Now add the new variables with name “ThingsBoardAccessToken” and value from ThingsBoard.io ( Access Token).
Thats all, you will see on ThingsBoard received uplink data.

My problem was, create button was not working when I cilck on it, and I just tried on hidden page that worked.

good afternoon @Volkan_Bulbul

Thanks for your help I managed to install thingsboard and I also changed the port but could you tell me where I should put the IP since it starts as localhost: 9090 since to integrate with loraserver according to the theory it tells me that I should put port: 9090 as it would be for this situation to put the ip could you please help me

Thank you…

Gustavo let we make it clear, as I know ThingBoard and LoraServer can work on same server but it isnot recommended.
For example, you can install LoraServer full image on Raspberry pi and ThingsBoard on a VM(https://thingsboard.io/docs/user-guide/install/ubuntu/). After you install, ThingBoard server must have another IP address, to do this change Network Connection type to Bridged on VM settings. After this, try to ping LoraServer from ThingsBoard server. If you can, your server ip address (can be found with ifconfig) will be used instead of localhost.