Loraserver downlink / uplink traffic limitations

I create this post in order to be informed about existable (or not) limitations on Loraserver traffic.

If the number of gateways is the solution for whole LoRaWAN system, does Loraserver have restrictions for downlinks/uplinks or number of confirmed packets and dutycycle limit (1%)?

I believe that the duty cycle limit of 1% is imposed by government regulations for the radio spectrum.

But, does in loraserver exist “fair access policy”?
Is any limit on the number of uplink/downlink messages a device can send?

Would be great to know all these issues.

Regards,
Nikos.

Compatible Repositories for Lora Gateways and LoraNodes combined/compatible with LoraServer and LoraAppServer

There are no limitations. In my opinion the duty-cycle must be enforced by the gateways, not the network-server (e.g. a gateway might serve multiple network-servers).

In the future it will be possible to limit the number of up / downlink messages per service-profile so that you can setup policies per organization.

After reading this issue https://github.com/Lora-net/packet_forwarder/issues/16
I think than it would be great to have a global discussion about the responsibility of each layer, and if the duty cycle is not managed by the packet forwarder, implementing this counter on the lora-gateway-bridge.

How can i set frequencies for uplink and downlink in LoraWan? where is its place?