LoRa Gateway Bridge to TTN

Sure. Let me take stab at it.
Will send a pull requests once it is in a decent shape.

Hey…

Even i am in need of forwarding the packets to the local loraserver bridge and also to the TTN network…

You have mentioned that the multiplexer backend is working. Where do I find it? How to implement it?

Thanks…

Please see: https://github.com/brocaar/lora-packet-multiplexer. It is not (yet) fully documented and I don’t provide binaries (yet).

Hey many thanks for the link. I will wait for the documentation, lest I screw up my lorawan server side mechanism! Many thanks for the amazing work you are doing… :slight_smile:

Excellent piece of functionality! Any idea if Laird will support something like this on their RG1xx Gateways. I see they support your Gateway Bridge.

I don’t know, but (and this is slightly offtopic, so please continue this discussion here: https://forum.loraserver.io/t/announching-lora-gateway-os/3160/2)… Their bootloader and kernel-source is open-source so it should be possible to port this to Yocto recipes. I believe the RG1xx gateway can boot from a SD Card meaning you could run the LoRa Gateway OS on it and have more flexibility with regards to installing software. If somebody would like to help out (at91bootstrap, u-boot, kernel knowledge and working with Yocto is required), that would be great (please respond in the LoRa Gateway OS topic)!

Hi, just a question. How to install this software on the gateway?Could you please add some mor documentation`?Would be very nice!

1 Like

Yes please! I need this also

With this software to which software are you referring to? The multiplexer utility?

Yes the multiplexer Utility.

Can the multiplexer utility be installed on the gateway it self?
Is there an easy way to compile it without using docker? Can it be available via repository?

To all your questions: yes :slight_smile: It is just a matter of finding the time to work on this (or somebody who would like to help out with this). Currently I have some other LoRa Server things on my backlog that I’m working on.

Yes I understand your side. Can’t you just do a quick topics on how to setup using docker? I am getting an error when running “docker-compose build”.

Also, using this multiplexer unity can downlinks also be replicated? Or does it sill with the same issue as when using multi packet forwarder?.

I really need this to work as I have deployment project next month.

I’ve updated the repo with the commit below. I hope this helps you:

Hi, nice. got it compiled an the multiplexer recieves packets. But it won’t connect to my loraserver and/ or TTN.
My config.
Packetforwarder(ttn etc) -> port 1800 to multiplexer -> Multiplexer Host ttn.x.y.:1700 is that correct?
Thx daniel

Hello Daniel,

Post your config.

This is how I have the port multiplexer configured and it works fine:

Packet forwarder → multiplexer → backends(this could be lora-gateway-bridge, TTN, Loriot or all the above). Remember it’s multiplexing UDP so everything that understands the packet forwarder protocol should go after or out(backend section) of the multiplexer.

I run the packet multiplexer on a separate box.

Configure the packet forwarder to send to the ip address that the multiplexer is running on at port 1800 for instance.

log_level=4
bind="0.0.0.0:1800"
#To lora-gateway-bridge which then sends to Loraserver
 [[packet_multiplexer.backend]]
 host="lora-gateway-bridge-ip-here:1700"
 gateway_ids = [
   "gatewayid0","gatewayid1","gatewayid2","gatewayid3"
 ]

#This sends the same traffic from the forwarder to TTN
host=“router.us.thethings.network:1700”
gateway_ids = [
“gatewayid0”,“gatewayid1”,“gatewayid2”,“gatewayid3”
]

Understand that this might cause scheduling conflict issues with down links if you’re using different network servers like TTN plus Loriot plus Loraserver but it’ll send all of the packets to multiple locations. I have tested it with 5 backends and it works as it should.

Hi,

thx for this answer. My config is like yours, but the Gateways in TTN and loraserver don’t show status connected. Is that correct?
netstat -na shows Port 1700/ 1800 connections but the status of the gateways woun’t become conected.
Debug =5 shows “packet recieved from gateway, and sending packet to gateway” in lora-multiplexer-console.
TTN-Service ist ok, shows packet transmitted, with CRC OK 100%. TTN PAcket forwarder as desicribed " localserver, port 1800" .

Any Idea?

thx Daniel

Hi, the multiplexer doesn’t forward any data to the loraserver. Gateway direct (without multiplexer) to loraserver works fine.In the console there is sending, recieving but with a tcpdump on the loraserver i cannot see any packets. I switched to a standalone multiplexer, so i can say it’s not a firewall problem.

What does your multiplexer config look like?

Once you start the multiplexer you’ll see traffic come in on the console. If you don’t see traffic then your packet forwarder is not sending to the multiplexer.

log_level=4
bind=“0.0.0.0:1800”

host=“lip-of-my-loraserver:1700”
gateway_ids = [
“macbased-ID.”,
]

Console shows traffic, packet send to gateway, packet recieved from gateway.