Level=error msg="apply gateway-configuration error" error="gateway does not exist"

It’s a level playing field.
Current status,
A complete installation of Ubuntu 18.0.4 LTS, Loraserver, and Semtech Packet Forwarder.
With everything properly configured, I used the UI to add,

• Organization
  • Network-Servers
  • Gateway-profiles
  • Service-profiles
    At this point I used sudo journalctl -f -n 100 -u,
  • lora-app-server
  • loraserver
  • lora-gateway-bridge
    and there were no errors reported only info messages
    I then used the UI to add,
  • Gateways
    and again I used sudo journalctl -f -n 100 -u,
  • lora-app-server
  • loraserver
  • lora-gateway-bridge
    and lora-gateway-bridge reports an error,
    Jul 03 17:32:21 wiriots00 lora-gateway-bridge[10221]: time="2019-07-03T17:32:21-04:00" level=error msg="apply gateway-configuration error" error="gateway does not exist"

I would really, really, really, appreciate some help/guidance/instruction from a very kind person, dear Mr. Orne Brocaar, would you please put your attention to this!

Hi!
The same happened to me, here is the post: https://forum.loraserver.io/t/gw-does-not-exist-on-config-received/4685/7
Hope it resolves your issue!

In all of Orne’s examples and in the code generated by running,
lora-gateway-bridge configfile > lora-gateway-bridge.toml,

The ** ** [[backend.semtech_udp.configuration]]** **
is all commented out.

The implication is that this entry is optional and not required if you do not want to use Managed Gateways.

Further, when I asked if the backend,semtech_udp.configuration was optional, no one responded otherwise, so I decided that a lack of response was an acknowledgement that my observation “OPTIONAL” was correct.

I thank you for your response and when I get back from the hospital I’ll have a stab at it next week.

As I read and reread that whole lora-gateway-bridge.toml documentation, none of it makes any real sense.

So Orne said you didn’t have [[backend.semtech_udp.configuration]], but should thta be with two [[]] or single []?
And the file created by lora-gateway-bridge configfile has all kinds of other entries in it for BasicStation, should not those be commented out or because type="semtech_udp", all the BasicStation stuff is ignored???

Some clarity on this would help.

Going all the way back,
Orne says,

Install LoRa Gateway Bridge

Note: when you intent to run the LoRa Gateway Bridge only on the gateways itself, you can skip this step.

Install the package using apt :

sudo apt install lora-gateway-bridge

The configuration file is located at /etc/lora-gateway-bridge/lora-gateway-bridge.toml . The default configuration is sufficient for this guide.

Start the LoRa Gateway Bridge service:

# start lora-gateway-bridge
sudo systemctl start lora-gateway-bridge

# start lora-gateway-bridge on boot
sudo systemctl enable lora-gateway-bridge

I am running the Gateway Bridge on the server and thus, the lora-gateway-bridge.toml file is decalred by Orne as sufficient.

And in this case the Gateway Profile can be left blank in LoRa App Server and you won’t see the error anymore. I know I have already mentioned this, but please see also this discussion: https://forum.loraserver.io/t/who-is-using-the-gateway-profile-how-are-you-using-it/5091.

I did a Goolge Serach, and I find that I skipped over, missed, didn’t read, but I must consider this error mine and mine alone.
Google Search: “site:https://www.loraserver.io/ profile

I sure wish I had been pointed to this precious entry earlier. I was assuming that the question mark in the upper right corner of the UI would drop me onto all the pertinent and relevant documentation for the specific page. Just made an ass of me, didn’t I?

The solution to this problem is simple.

If your lora-gateway-bridge is running on the same server as loraserver and lora-app-server,
DO NOT CREATE A GATEWAY PROFILE!

If your lora-gateway-bridge is running on your gateway, and you intend to run a MANAGED Gateway, then by all means you will need to RESEARCH the use of GATEWAY PROFILE.