Integrating LORIX One to GCP through LoRa Gateway OS Base

I have installed Lora Gateway OS base image 256MB version on my LORIX One gateway and have been trying to integrate it with Google Cloud Platform following the GCP quickstart tutorial.

The first issue I encountered is that I cannot run the commands to create the certificate required for authentication with the Cloud IoT Core MQTT bridge within the Gateway OS.

Another issue is that the lora-gateway-bridge.toml configuration file on the Gateway OS has no provision for Cloud IoT Core authentication. What I have observed is that only the generic MQTT authentication has been provided.

If anyone has managed to integrate LORIX One to GCP using LoRa Gateway OS image, kindly assist with the above issues.

The first issue I encountered is that I cannot run the commands to create the certificate required for authentication with the Cloud IoT Core MQTT bridge within the Gateway OS.

You can run this on your own computer and then upload the certificates to the gateway. These tools are not available on the gateway itself.

Another issue is that the lora-gateway-bridge.toml configuration file on the Gateway OS has no provision for Cloud IoT Core authentication. What I have observed is that only the generic MQTT authentication has been provided.

Please see Configuration - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server for the full configuration template.

Thanks for the prompt response @brocaar.

Do you have any suggestions on how I could upload the certificates to the gateway?

You can use scp for example: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SSH/TransferFiles

1 Like