Factory-Preset Frequencies and Gateway-Profile

Hey all,

I am currently trying on the settings of the application server and I have two questions:

1. can someone tell me the correct values for the factory-preset frequencies in the EU-band?
    Is it 868100000, 868300000 and 868500000?
    I use a Nucleo-Board with an external Radio.

2. When do I have to create a “gateway profile”?
    Should not every gateway be able to receive all channels between 867.1 MHz - 868.5 MHz?

Thanks and

Best regards

Does nobody have a tip, an idea or the solution?

Best regards

• can someone tell me the correct values for the factory-preset frequencies in the EU-band?
    Is it 868100000, 868300000 and 868500000?
    I use a Nucleo-Board with an external Radio.

This is for ABP only, in which case you could already provision the device with additional frequencies besides the default LoRaWAN channels.

• When do I have to create a “gateway profile”?
    Should not every gateway be able to receive all channels between 867.1 MHz - 868.5 MHz?

It allows you to re-configure your gateways, if you’re not planning to use this leave it blank.

Thank you for your answer!

So I could provision the frequencies for the devices either via the GUI or in the firmware? That sounds great!

In which case, I would re-configure my gateway?

Regards

So I could provision the frequencies for the devices either via the GUI or in the firmware? That sounds great!

No, the list of frequencies must match the frequencies in the firmware of your device. The device-profile should contain the initial state of your device (when it turns on), not the desired state. The desired state is configured by the loraserver.toml configuration file.

In which case, I would re-configure my gateway?

Please see gateway re-configuration Gateway management - ChirpStack open-source LoRaWAN<sup>®</sup> Network Server.

Is it possible that it works despite inconsistent frequency lists? I have 8 channels configured in my firmware, but only the 3 default channels in the GUI. Nevertheless, I receive over all 8 channels. I ask because you said, that it must match.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?