I have some questions about how to locate lora-device. I observed the launch of the lora-geo-server service. If I can successfully locate the location of the node device, the help of Influxdb and Grafana for IoT visualization is very large.
I refer to Requirements: “When using geolocation, you need a gateway which provides geolocation capabilities. These gateways provide accurate timestamps, which is a requirement when doing geolocation based on time-difference of arrival"and"Gateways implementing the Semtech v2 Reference design will encrypt the fine-timestamp.”
In other words, you must meet two conditions to implement the geolocation function:
1. The gateway provides precise time stamping to support the TDoA algorithm;
2. The gateway must have geolocation capabilities.
So now I have a few questions:
1. How can I know if this gateway (HT-M01) is based on Semtech v2, can it provide precise time stamping?
2. If the gateway is indeed based on Semtech v2, should I ask Semtech for the timestamp’s decryption key?
3. Unfortunately, after I asked the manufacturer of “HT-M01”, they replied to me “HT-M01 does not have a GPS module”. After that I accidentally found that I can manually set the gateway geography in lora-app-server. Positioning, and in the “uplink” that follows, the value of location is changed with my setting value. Is it equivalent to the gateway having the positioning function to support the TDoA algorithm when I manually set the geolocation of the gateway in the app-server?
Even a little bit, thank you for answering me.