Configure downlink RX1 & RX2 settings per device

I have so many sensors that are working fine with LoraServer but I have a device that opens/closes electric valves (http://www.stregatechnologies.com/product_list/extreme-range-wireless-emitter-irrigation-valves/) , with this device when I send downlinks , although the device receives the message (a noise is produced) it is incapable of opening the valve (pulse duration is lower) , when I use TTN packet forwarder and TTN Server , device works perfectly. Is is possible to configure downlink RX1 & RX2 settings device by device? Can anybody help me ?

Is is possible to configure downlink RX1 & RX2 settings device by device

This is defined by the device-profile. Please note that after making changes to the device-profile, you must re-activate your device(s) in order to apply the changes.

Please note that for OTAA, LoRa Server will use the default settings as defined by the LoRaWAN specifications. For ABP it will start with the settings defined by the device-profile, after which it will update the device using mac-commands to the settings as defined in loraserver.toml to make sure the device is in sync with the network defined settings. (This is also the reason why device-profile changes aren’t directly applied to all the devices under that profile)

Sorry, I just read this comment.

Why for OTAA device, LoRa Server will use the default settings as defined by the LoRaWAN specification?
In the specification, it says that RXFreq2 is mandatory for ABP devices, but it doesn’t say that OTAA devices cannot have RXFreq2 settings.

I believe OTAA devices should use the defaults as specified by the LoRaWAN Regional Parameters.

Hello, just read this topic and have confusion about

For ABP it will start with the settings defined by the device-profile, update the device using mac-commands to the settings as defined in loraserver.toml

What if I disable the RequestRXParamSetup or the whole setRXParameters func in setMACCommandsSet ?

just wondering if this can let networkserver always use the ds’s params to send downlink, then i can configure setting per device and not by hosting a new networkserver.

Yes, disabling that (or disabling the mac-commands completely) would have the side-effect that LoRa Server will always use the RX windows as configured in the device-profile.

Have you found an answer to this problem, because your problem has nothing to do with ChirpStack…

Hi , yes , a long time ago the problem was resolved. The problem was neither from ChirpStack nor the ThingsStack nor the device. The problem was with the network high latency in delivering the Downlink from the platform to the gateway (too much security because the device was working as part of showroom of an operator). It is around 2 years the problem is resolved.