Clicking "gateway discovery" seems to crash

Hi all,

After quite a lot of time invested to make my gateways send out pings I got it to work… Sort of.
When I configure the ping frequency to 868100000 (which is part of my normal band), the pings are never sent out. When set to 867100000 it works. The RSSI is very low although the distance between the two gateways is about 1 meter.

In the tab “live lorawan frames” I can see “proprietary” packets being received.
When I click “gateway discovery” tab, a blank screen appears.
The log:

nov 09 15:56:54 xxx lora-app-server[21927]: time=“2018-11-09T15:56:54+01:00” level=info msg=“finished streaming call with code Canceled” error=“rpc error: code = Canceled desc = context canceled” grpc.code=Canceled grpc.method=StreamFrameLogs grpc.service=api.GatewayService grpc.start_time=“2018-11-09T15:51:28+01:00” grpc.time_ms=326191.88 peer.address=“[::1]:46284” span.kind=server system=grpc

Someone got discovery working?
Someone dealt with the same issue?

I also found the following in Firefox’ console:

Error: “createLeafletElement() must be implemented”

Thanks!

I’ve had something similar happen to me. When I’d attempt to use discovery I found that at times the discovery link on my second gateway will cause what seems like a lora app server “crash”. It only reloads if I manually type in a link other than the gateway discovery link that caused the “crash”.

I still haven’t gotten the discovery to work appropriately but I think that it is due to the fact that my gateways used different lora protocol versions. Version 1 and version 2…this is my theory. I can see some packets leave at the appropriate data rate and frequency but I never get discovery data.

Anybody know a solution?
@brocaar Maybe Brocaar could jump in?

Sorry about this. It has been fixed in the latest release. After upgrading, please make sure you clear your cache.

@tinus88: please post bugreports next time in GitHub :slight_smile: