Building LoRa Server source Without Docker

Hi,

For the installation of pre-compiled binaries packaged LORA, we use the commands below as indicated on the documentation :

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 1CE2AFD36DBCCA00
  sudo echo "deb https://artifacts.loraserver.io/packages/3.x/deb stable main" | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/loraserver.list
  sudo apt-get update
  sudo apt-get install loraserver

In my case, I would like to compile myself the sources files of each server and installed them, and so here is what I have done for now:

• i cloned the project in /opt/go/src/github.com/brocaar
  • To lunch the makefile, I encountered some problem of go-bindata … but in the end i sucess to run the makefile and i obtain this :

• So I generate executable loraserver in /opt/go/src/github.com/brocaar/loraserver/build
  • I run ./build/loraserver and i obtain this :

• Knowing that you have to install mosquitto and the database …
    My question is what are the next steps to have the file loraserver.toml in /etc/loraserver linked with the loraserver and that we can have the same install when we do :
     sudo apt-get install loraserver
  • Note i saw that the loraserver.toml file is in :slight_smile: /opt/go/src/github.com/brocaar/loraserver/packaging/files

thanks for your help guys :smiley: !!!

Check the Getting started section for a general basic setup, or requirements, install and configuration instructions for more details on each component (links are for loraserver).

Thanks @iegomez for your reply !
I succeeded to build loraserver and the lora-app-server and i find how to configure the path of file.toml, there is the result :slight_smile:

LORASERVER LOG :

LORA-APP-SERVER LOG :

@iegomez i just find problem when i run the lora-app-server ! the web interface does not display correctly :
interface

This could be caused because a version mismatch of dependencies. That is why I recommend the provided Docker Compose development environment :slight_smile: Then you have a development environment equal to what is being used for the releases.

1 Like

Thanks @brocaar ,

I will try to install all the servers with docker, then i will :

• delete the executable from “usr/bin”.
  • build in go the loraserver project with the make file, and normally i will find all the environement installed like “nodesjs " “npm” " proto buff” … ? i’m right ?

@brocaar ! i just realized that i can not get dockers installed because i’m on a raspberry arm, so i have no way to setup the environment.
Do you think i can use the gateway os environnement on raspberry and after i rebuild all servers with go ?