'block error' after changing rx1_delay loraserver.toml file

Hi,
After changing the rx1_delay parameter from ‘3’ to ‘5’ in the loraserver.toml file, my loraserver is flooding syslog with the following error message, ‘’‘level=error msg=“handle mac-command block error : expected pending mac-command” cid=RXTimingSetupReq dev_eui=’’’.

It looks like all my devices are sending an RXTimingSetupReq every 5 seconds but the loraserver is not sending a response. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thank you

After changing the rx1_delay parameter from ‘3’ to ‘5’ in the loraserver.toml

Why did you increase the RX1 delay by so much?

It looks like all my devices are sending an RXTimingSetupReq every 5 seconds

That’s rather incompatible with having a 5 second RX1 delay. They need to wait the RX1 delay, receive, (and really wait for RX2 and try to receive there as well) before they should transmit again.

Some of our devices are in remote locations where satellite backhauls are our only solution.

Perhaps reasonable, but you cannot just change it on the server, you have to change the window timing in the nodes too. That yours are retransmitting again so quickly suggests they are not actually waiting for the time you desire and trying to receive then, but instead jumping right to a retransmit after either never receiving or receiving at the wrong time.

Actually, it is safe to change the rx1_delay, LoRa Server stores the current active values in the device-session. It will only start using the rx1_delay from the toml file once the device has confirmed it has updated its configuration.

I was able to stop the “level=error msg=“handle mac-command block error : expected pending mac-command” cid=RXTimingSetupReq dev_eui=’” by sending 2 application TX messages to each device but it appears I have 4 devices which are still throwing this error. Do you know under what circumstances this error gets triggered?